Caring for your pearl
As with all pearls, to preserve the beauty of the gem, we recommend the following care guidelines.
- As a rule, put pearls on last when dressing and first off when undressing. Pearls can be affected by hairspray, perfume, make-up and chemicals in general. Please take special care not to expose pearl dress rings to household chemical and acidic based foods.
- We recommend that you avoid leaving your pearls in intense sunlight for prolonged periods.
- Pearls are softer than other gems and so proper care is important. It is best to store your pearl jewellery separately to avoid scratching the surface against harder gems.
- We suggest you wear your jewellery carefully and avoid pearls rubbing against abrasive fabrics and objects.
- Wipe your pearl gently with a clean cloth before putting it away.
- Occasionally clean your pearls gently with a soft cloth and mild soapy water then rinse in fresh water then dry them with a soft cloth.